Pinterest is big. And it’s only going to get bigger. Sure, it’s no Facebook and in all likelihood will not ever grow to Facebook’s size and scale, but it’s fast-becoming a must-use social media platform. Let’s take a look why with 7 reasons why Pinterest must be a part of your marketing strategy.
- Communication is paramount. Pinterest is all about community. Whether it means your contribution to shared boards, following other users and boards, Pinterest gives both an artistic outlet and an effective method of various people to interact with whatever their interests are, what they create, sell and buy along with other users similar to them. It’s not just simply about the lists—they are also about the goals, dreams as well as aspirations of people. Aside from that, more importantly, it is about having your brand engage positively with real customers.
- The pinners have bigger shopping carts. According to the research conducted by Shopify, the usual order value from Pinterest referral traffic is $58.95, as compared to Facebook’s only $55. That’s a considerable disparity.
- Pinterest has an overflowing abundance of people armed with purchasing power. Take note that it recently surpassed its 100 million of users, as reported by the site, which is obviously a prominent milestone for Pinterest. A source claimed that the typical Pinterest user is from 25 to 45 year old demographic, with a household income of $100,000—some of which they can be heavily influenced to spend on the platform directly. In short, users have money and they’re gonna spend it!
- It informs you of the emerging trends. Pinterest can provide you with strong signals of emerging trends and some of the most popular products in any given industry, most especially when it comes to food, beauty, health, fashion, home and garden. Weight loss is also huge and simple articles can attract a LOT of shares and traction. Take this thigh fat loss article on UpcomingHealth.com which has over 118,000 shares at the time of writing this. That’s some serious traction!
- Pinterest could help your brand infiltrate people’s lives. As a matter of fact, 66% of the Pinners report that they utilize this service in order to save and collect the things which inspire or even motivate them. If you integrate a combo of actionable and aspirational Pins, then you are sharing with others the creative ideas which assist them on planning for what will be the next step.
- Your investment in Pinterest has long term benefits. Pins last a lifetime, so it means that your quality content enjoys a longer lifespan. It feeds the other digital channels as well so you get additional exposure. And since search and discovery is what empowers Pinterest, your content enjoys evergreen. Thus, when you generate top quality and relevant Pins and then optimize your site, you’re in for some nice, steady traffic.
- The pinners are open and welcoming to marketing. Two-thirds of the content that was saved to Pinterest originates from businesses. And according to Ahalogy research, Pinners are keen on associating with brands and the platform is not yet saturated to the extent that Facebook advertising has become.
We hope that these top 7 reasons motivate you to join Pinterest today. If you do not have a business account yet, take 3 minutes to quickly sign up now. Take the first step! And for those of you who already got a business account, you can try the Promoted Pins. Isn’t it about time you should focus more of your marketing efforts on this platform?